Cricket is an outdoor sport that is played during the daytime only. The Test format runs for five days. Despite the latest introduction of the day-night Test, the original format retains its beauty. The entire game is played in daylight.
The sun’s scorching light makes it almost impossible for the human eye to detect a twenty-two-centimeter leather ball at speeds in excess of 90 miles per hour. How does one counter the inevitable squinting of the eyes from sun rays? To know, we will browse some best cricket sunglasses in 2023.
Top 10 Best Cricket Sunglasses 2023
1. Maui Jim Pua Polarised Sunglasses
This pair of spectacles are pricey and only suitable if you are a professional. Purchase this pair of sunglasses as an investment. Pua means flower in Hawaiian, and this design offers the delicate grace of petals and the durable structure of stems to our growing fashion collection.
Pua’s SuperThin (ST) Glass lenses provide the clearest vision in a square form with rounded edges and are made of Monel metal and acetate and come in a wide range of colors. Pua delivers unrivaled protection and blooming, vibrant pictures in a poised manner. It shall require plenty of aftercare and maintenance but will surely live up to the expectation of a premium experience.
- It is made with PolarizedPlus2® technology.
- The HCL Bronze lenses provide a warm hue that adapts to varying lighting conditions.
- The width of the LensLens is 55 millimeters
- The Lens height is 51.5 millimeters
- It is made with a Monel Acetate frame
- Three different shades are available
2. Wearoyo Polarised Sunglasses
Going from one extreme to the other, these are one of the most pocket-friendly options. Arroyo polarised sunglasses have originally been made for water sports and activities where the sun’s glare is high. Cricket has most of that glare when the fielder has to look straight up into the sun. These shades have an adjustable band that ensures that the lenses stay sturdily fixated.
What is better than two glasses at an affordable price? The frame has been designed so that it is durable enough while keeping it light on the ears. One can wear it for long, sweaty hours. They come in innumerable combinations of colors. Feel fresh by alternating your shades.
- It uses a Plastic frame
- The glasses don Polycarbonate lenses
- The lenses are Polarized
- UV-400 Protection Coating protects the retina from damage
- The Lens width is 61 millimeters
- The Lens height is 44 millimeters
- It has breathable nose pads
3. Andwood Rectangular Sunglasses
These shades are surely one for your wardrobe. The rectangular frame gives it a wayfarer style. It looks classy, bringing the casual element into play. Nobody usually expected to use such glasses in a sport like cricket. However, Virat Kohli has been donning a similar pair of sunglasses in test cricket since 2018. This site has led to an increase in the demand for such glasses.
You’ll adore wearing these Rectangular sunglasses in the bright sunshine of summer or on those freezing winter mornings. Moreover, these glasses are extremely versatile. They can be used for sports and casually with your outfits to improve fashion.
- It has a lightweight Plastic frame
- The lenses constitute of Tri-Acetate Cellulose
- The width of the LensLens is 55 millimeters
- The Bridge is 18 millimeters
- The Arm of the glasses is 137 millimeters
- These are Polarized sunglasses
- It is suitable for any face
- It has the most fashionable vintage design
4. Zelori Floating Sunglasses
Zelori floating glasses have unique characteristics. These can float in water, making it obvious that they are typically for water sports and activities. However, even cricketers often train in the water to improve their endurance. A floating pair of sunglasses might not be of the most useful nature for cricketers, but the lightweight nature will surely reduce the burden on your face compared to heavier counterparts.
The inherent elegance of these floating sunglasses is undeniable. Mirrored frames are encased in a sleek and subtle rear frame, and arms for a professional look found only in high-end brands. It comes with a cleaning cloth and a carry bag. More importantly, it has a very genuine fitting. It sits well on the ears and nose.
- They are imported
- The plastic frame distributes weight well.
- Acetate lenses ensure less exposure to sunrays
- UV Protection Coating is available
- Anit sea water coating is available
- The width of the LensLens is 65 millimeters
- The Bridge is 25 millimeters
- Its Arm is 145 millimeters
5. Comaxsun Interchangeable Lens Sunglasses
This product is revolutionary in terms of both its features and its quality. It contains five interchangeable lenses. All five lenses serve different purposes and can be used at different times of the day. Multicolored Lenses, transparent Lenses, blue Lenses, High Definition, polarised lenses, and night vision Lenses can be fixed into the frame, one at a time.
Such an all-rounder gets the appreciation it deserves. Another crucial element to discuss is that the product comes with a microfiber cleaning cloth, a case, a Polarized Test Card, a Rope, and an additional glass frame to add to its durability.
- UVA, UVB, UVC rays, and damaging blue light up to 400nm are completely blocked by all lenses.
- Multi-purpose glasses
- Shortsighted lenses can be utilized in the inner frame.
- The uniquely developed Stress Resistant TR90 Frame can handle everything thrown at it.
- The width of the LensLens is 150 millimeters
- The height of the LensLens is 47mm millimeters
6. Maivnz Polarised Glasses
These glasses are slightly more expensive compared to the last few affordable options. These shades come in various colors, but the most prominently fashionable frame is the camouflage one. It adds an extra bit to one’s style.
These shades have anti-glare properties. It ensures that even when looking straight into floodlights in the night sky, it is possible to spot the ball to a great extent. Soft Microfiber Pouch, Soft Microfiber Cleaning Cloth, and Sunglasses Screwdriver come along with the product. It is shatterproof as well.
- Cool full-frame design for clear lower vision field
- Durable and unbreakable frames and LensLens
- Polarized lenses help eliminate reflected and scattered glares
- Good for sports or other outer door activities
- 30-day money-back guarantee
7. VCTRYSDR Semi-Rimless Glasses
These sports spectacles are suited for men, women, and children of all ages. The frame is constructed of high-density compact PVC material with high tensile strength. It is lightweight and pleasant to wear.
VCTRYSDR Sports Sunglasses offer excellent packaging and great performance, making them ideal as a gift for all those peers/relatives who like outdoor activities. The price is fair, and hence, it makes a perfect present for a cricket lover. The rimless feature makes sit look sleek and offers uninterrupted vision which is a must in a sport like a cricket where the eyes must not lose sight of the ball.
- High-Density Lightweight PVC frame
- Polycarbonate lens
- Windproof, sand-proof, and Anti-glare
- UV Protection Coating coating
- The width of the LensLens is 5.8 In
- The height of the LensLens is 1.9 In
- The Bridge is 0.9 In
- Its Arm is 5.5 In
8. Birdz Seahawk Padded Sunglasses
Birdz Seahawk Glasses that are both attractive and well-fitting come with a band that ensures that it stays fixed onto your face. They will not slip even after they have been adjusted. If you have a larger head, these may not be the most suitable glasses.
The size of the glasses makes them perfect for younger children with smaller heads. The robust nature of the spectacles also seems good for kids who play cricket. Overall, they are excellent value for Money and perform just as described.
- Shatterproof Polycarbonate Lenses ensure that kids do not break them easily.
- UV400 Filter for maximum protection against retinal damage.
- Scratch Resistant Coating is present on the lenses for rough use.
- Elastic Adjustable Headband makes it ergonomical
- Includes microfiber pouch for safe cleaning and storage.
- Rubber Nose Piece has been attached for sheer comfort.
9. Malidak Adjustable Glasses
These glasses seem a little larger on the face, but the rimless design of the frame makes them look as futuristic as possible. Polarised nature always helps reduce ambient light. However, it is available in non-polarised variants as well. It is a dollar cheaper than the polarised variant. The Temple can be adjusted to achieve any size.
It is a versatile pair of glasses and can be a blessing for most cricket players.
- Adjustable Temple allows it to be a perfect fit for all face types.
- Integrated Oversized, Curved, and widened LensLens can protect your eyes well from high wind, dust, or things more harmful than those, making it suitable for daily wear and driving.
- Silicone Nose Pad To fit for nose better, cycling glasses are designed to have soft adjustable nose pads with iron wire inside.
- The manufacturer offers a lifetime warranty.
- Variable polarised and non-polarised lenses.
10. Oakley Radar EV Path OO9208 Sunglasses
Oakley is the most commonly selected brand by professional international cricketers. It is definitely for the ones with a heavy wallet. This pair of sunglasses will always maintain a premium feel.
Its lenses are spotless, with no distortion anywhere. It would be a dream product for most cricketers in the world.
- It has a plastic frame and a plastic lens.
- Non-polarized lenses
- Mirror coating on the LensLens
- The lens width is 38 millimeters.
- Bundle of 3 items – includes authentic Oakley radar EV path sunglasses, an Oakley accessory leash kit, and a designer wears care kit.
- The free cleaning kit includes a designer wear 1-ounce spray bottle, mirror, screwdriver/key chain, and a folded microfiber cloth.
- Includes a two-year manufacturer warranty, cleaning cloth, and case.
The Ultimate Buying Guide
One must consider their budget before diving into purchasing any product. Adding these aforementioned products to your cart is not such an easy thing to do when the finances come into play.
It is crucial to know what value you expect from it. If you are someone who will be reviewing a product or have a youtube channel where you want to discuss these glasses, you may choose any or all of them. However, if these glasses are for someone who has just started playing cricket, you must go for the ones that offer more at a lower price.
Select the glasses that seem the most durable to you if you choose them for a young person. If the wearer takes part in multiple sports like Skiing, Trekking, Surfing, Rowing, etc., you may want to consider the glasses that offer more.
If you are looking for a pair of glasses that you can use universally, you may go for the interchangeable lens ones. On the other side, The rectangular frame shades can be chosen if you love to be casual yet smart.
If you are someone who looks for branded items and wants some sort of an assurity of the product, Oakley, Malidak and Maivnz are the perfect fit for you as they offer warranties. Their reviews have also been genuine and consistent.
Cricket is not only played under the sun but also under the lights. You must consider the period of dusk before purchasing different types of sunglasses. Different lenses offer distinct views through them. The most radical factor that is impending is that you must practice enough with the sunglasses on before the match day.
Those that have experience with sunglasses in cricket know that often, the ball seems to be a tad offset from its path when in reality, it is not true. After browsing through all the recommendations and following the buying guide, you may proceed to make the final decision to choose the best cricket sunglasses, in 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sunglasses does the England cricket team wear?
The England Cricket team is international, and hence they do not mind spending big bucks on equipment. They often use Nike, Addidas, Puma, and Oakley. However, More often than not, players wear the brand’s glasses that sponsor them.
Why are polarised lenses important?
Cricketers are exposed to sun rays for long periods and thus require Ultraviolet protection. Polarised lenses mitigate UV rays and prevent damage to the eyes.
If these weren’t enough, check out some other picks from Amazon also: